Award-winning Carpenter Box* is well known to many companies in the Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology sectors. Our clients range from smaller businesses in the sector to those with multi-million turnovers and international credentials.
Our style is collaborative. The more we are involved with our clients and their businesses, the greater the value we can add. With a headcount of nearly 200, the firm advises a broad range of clients in all three areas of business. Over the years Carpenter Box has built up a wealth of expertise and beyond accounting and audit, it has helped clients by signposting funding opportunities, promoting tax efficiency and encouraging growth through diversification (by innovation, or by acquisition and merger) as well as through international expansion.
Our experience means that we are ideally positioned to advise our clients on a diverse range of industry areas. These include accounting and value added audit services, specialist tax advisory work, including Research and Development Tax Relief, Capital Allowances, Group Re-organisations and Patent Box.
Carpenter Box also has strong sector links working alongside teams at the major banks as well as organisations such asCoast to Capital, UKTI and iMechE. Having access to such networks mean that we are ideally placed to help with advice on funding, exporting and other sector related opportunities.
Our Corporate Finance team helps businesses to merge, acquire or sell businesses. We can also provide outsource finance teams and help with an interim FD service. Through our advanced approach to management accounting we can provide regular Key Performance Indicator information to help our clients to run their businesses more efficiently.
For clients wishing to trade internationally our membership of PrimeGlobal means that Carpenter Box gives our clients access to a range of trusted advisers across the globe. Baker Tilly International operates in over 90 countries with a global headcount of over 24,000.
DMH Stallard is a full service, award-winning law firm with offices across Sussex, Surrey and London. We deliver successful outcomes for manufacturing businesses by providing tailored legal services with energy and creativity, backed by technical expertise.
We have a long history of supporting the manufacturing sector and work with companies from diverse sub-sectors such as high value engineering, automotive, aerospace, chemicals, electronics, food and drink, pharmaceuticals, textiles and retail/consumer products.
We provide the pragmatic support you need to make your business successful and lower your risks.
Our experience in the manufacturing sector means that as well as legal expertise, we have great insight into your environment and we can apply our technical expertise to work with your business and support you with your trading and growth models.
Our services cover all aspects of law relating to manufacturing businesses, including:
- Commercial advice on contracts, agreements and alliances as well as IT, outsourcing, regulations and data protection.
- Corporate support to facilitate mergers, acquisitions, sales and succession planning.
- Intellectual property is what sets you apart from the competition; we can help you protect and safely commercialise it, to preserve your edge.
- Employment advice on operational and strategic matters to help you recruit, retain and reward the valuable skilled team you’ve built up, including when recruiting and operating overseas.
- Real Estate is significant for most manufacturers – even if that’s downsizing driven by Industry 4.0. Our large team deals with all commercial property transactions including leasehold, licences, dilapidations and planning.
- Dispute resolution experts look at mediation and arbitration to preserve the key commercial relationships that deliver major manufacturing projects when things get tricky, as they sometimes will. Litigation is generally a last resort and we can assist you throughout the whole dispute process.
We have nearly 70 partners across the south, and 300 staff in total. Many of our partners and solicitors have had direct experience of working in industry either in-house or on secondment, and various professional affiliations / connection provide even greater insight into the manufacturing sector.
A natural partner for ambitious entrepreneurial businesses, we take pride in being approachable and in our ability to build lasting relationships. Clients enjoy partner-led service with prompt, clear communication. We provide an exceptional level of client service that will leave you in no doubt that you are partnering with the right law firm.
To see the full range of services we provide to manufacturers, please visit our website: www.dmhstallard.com
Coast to Capital
The Coast to Capital Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) spans the UK’s two most successful and important economic regions; it extends from South London to the coast, from Chichester in the west along to the city of Brighton and Hove and on to Lewes in the east.
The LEP comprises the whole of West Sussex, the London Borough of Croydon, the City of Brighton and Hove, East Surrey, and the Local Authority district of Lewes which is part of East Sussex. It has a resident population of nearly two million and an estimated 116,000 businesses. The Coast to Capital LEP has always had one clear aim; to foster exceptional growth and productivity gains in the local economy.
In the six years since Coast to Capital was formed, we have successfully invested more than £300 million of public money in local infrastructure, and generated a significant return in the growth of the local economy. Now, our focus is to identify further, major investments that can address the economic challenges we face and lay the foundations for future prosperity.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME) sector is a key part of the local and national economy and its future growth, particularly in driving innovation and increased productivity, and capturing high value activity and passing these gains through the local supply chain.
The Coast to Capital Growth Hub is a government funded service to provide businesses with free and impartial support, bringing you all the help your business needs to achieve your growth goals.
- We have a team of dedicated Account Managers who will assess the needs of your growing business, undertake a review and introduce specialists and initiatives.
- We will help you prepare your plans that will help increase your potential for raising funds to support your growth.
- We will help you to invest in the area by identifying properties, funding, skilled employees, education and research support and network and support organisations.
- We will support you to expand your global sales and helping you to make full use of local organisations, connections and funding.
For more information on Coast to Capital visit the website or contact Malcolm Brabon on 01293 305965.