Adur & Worthing Councils, in partnership with the Adur and Worthing Business Partnership, have recently announced two new grant schemes for micro and small businesses in the Adur and Worthing area. The initiative is part of a West Sussex-wide scheme, known as the Local Enterprise and Apprenticeship Platform (LEAP), and is offering businesses funding of up to £2,500 until the end of September 2017.
Small Business Grants
The Small Business Grant is designed to improve the efficiency of your business and maximise the potential for growth. It is available to local micro-businesses of up to 10 employees and the Councils are offering grants of up to £2,500 which you will need to match fund. For example, if you want to purchase some equipment that costs £1,500 you can apply for £750 from the grant fund and source the additional £750 needed from your own funds.
You must be able to demonstrate how the project will develop or establish your business and what difference it will make. Projects could include:
- Purchase of items of equipment
- Business-related training and development
- Support the delivery of online, digital and e-commerce platforms
- Improvements to business premises (e.g. signage, lighting, joinery and flooring)
The Apprenticeship Grant is aimed at helping small businesses operating in Adur and Worthing area to:
- Recruit individuals of any age into employment through the apprenticeship programme
- Support existing staff to commence an apprenticeship training programme
This grant is available in relation to apprentices working to approved apprenticeship frameworks, or specialised sector specific apprenticeship training; each employer can receive up to 3 apprenticeship grants in total during the time the grant is available; each one is worth £1,500.
Eligible employers who want to access the Grant should note that apprentices must:
- Live in England
- Not be in full-time education
- Start the training programme before 30th September 2017
You can apply for either the Small Business Grant or Apprenticeship Grant by clicking here.